Join our team
We are always interested in hearing from individuals looking to join our team.
We are currently looking for EASEL PAINTING CONSERVATORS
We are seeking two full-time Conservators with at least three years working experience in Painting Conservation to join our busy Carlisle studio.
• Verbal and written assessments, condition and treatment proposals and reports.
• Examination and treatment of historic and artistic paintings, painted surfaces and artefacts in the studio and on-site.
• Familiarity and adherence to the ICON practices of conservation and museum-quality standards.
• Removal of varnish and re-varnishing, surface cleaning (from dirt, mould etc.), removal of over-painting and retouching of oil paintings and artworks.
• Repair of complex tears, dents, flaking paint, cracked and warped supports, or delamination.
• Ability to complete routine filling, lining, stretching, in-painting with minimally intrusive techniques.
• Accurately match colours, paint application appearance and techniques of artists.
• Cleaning, repair and gilding of frames.
• Working under own initiative in a fast-paced team environment.
• Solve complex treatment issues and work under pressure to meet deadlines whilst upholding confidentiality and ethical standards.
• Demonstrate sound judgment, risk management and an eye for detail.
• Excellent communication and organisational skills.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
• EDUCATION: Degree in Art Conservation, or commensurate conservation apprentice training and experience.
• EXPERIENCE: At least 3 years of painting and painted surface conservation. Working knowledge of art history, chemistry, studio art technique and ICON conservation standards are a must.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a vibrant, and ever-growing restoration team, based on the edge of the Lake District.
• Excellent salary – dependant on experience
• 20 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays
To apply for this position, please email [email protected]