Stratfield Saye – Home of the Duke of Wellington
An historic oil painting from the Duke of Wellington’s collection was recently discovered in the attic at the Duke’s Stratfield Saye estate. The Coat of Arms hatchment had suffered some damage and was evidently in a very fragile condition.
After being contacted by Stratfield Saye, we visited the Hampshire residence and were able to provide an on-site assessment and guidance on how to proceed with the restoration.
- On-site assessment carried out by our accredited conservator
- Condition report and conservation schedule produced
- Coat of Arms securely packed and transported by our transport team, fully insured by Fine Art Restoration Company
- Full conservation carried out by our accredited conservators
- Required extensive repairs and restoration, comprising an invisible relining, surface cleaning from years’ worth of soot and dirt, and reconditioning
- The artwork was stabilised and returned to Stratfield Saye, where it is now on display
- We are now involved in ongoing restoration projects