We were recently asked to attend and assess a property in central London with severely damaged contents caused by the collapse of chimneys within the building. Artwork and furnishings were particularly affected by soot and cement dust.
The property housed a world-class collection of 8000 items comprising, oil paintings, furniture, sculptures, personal papers, books, antiques, rugs, ethnographica and jewellery.
8000 ITEMS FULLY RESTORED AND RETURNED
- Identify the cause of the soot ingress via CCTV chimney surveys and asbestos testing.
- Create an inventory, pack and transport all damaged contents.
- Establish values and cleaning costs for each item.
- Decontaminate and clean all 8000 objects.
- Provide climate-controlled secure storage at our studio for the cleaned items. Decontaminate and clean the property.
- Following the cleaning of the property, return and re-house all objects.